To reserve a mediation session, please select from any of the available dates below. A quick ONLINE APPOINTMENT REQUEST will collect contact details and case information. Once submitted, we will be in touch as quickly as possible.
Full Day Mediation (8 hours): $3,000 per party
Half Day Mediation (4 hours): $1,500 per party
If the parties agree to a fee-splitting arrangement other than equally among the parties, please advise our office. Our fee includes pre-mediation calls, review of all pre-mediation submissions, one mediation session of up to 8 hours (4 hours for half-day) and follow-up time up to one hour if the matter is not settled during the mediation session.
- No travel charges for any mediation within the
greater San Francisco Bay Area. Other travel charges
on a case-by-case basis.
- No administrative fee when conducted via Zoom.
- No administrative or set-up fee charged when
conducted in counsel’s office.
- Standard rates do not apply for panels. Call for
If the mediation is cancelled or rescheduled less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled session, each party will be billed for their portion of the minimum fee. Note, it is your responsibility to notify us of a schedule change or cancellation – you should not rely on another party to do so. Please keep in mind, our cancellation policy is meant to fairly compensate your Mediator for reserving the time scheduled for this mediation which typically cannot be filled in less than 72 hours.
Following this initial confirmation email, an invoice will be sent to you. Please make payments in accordance with the payment instructions on the invoice. Please note that the engagement is with you as counsel and I am accepting this case in reliance on our business relationship and your obligation to pay costs incurred on behalf of your client(s). Accordingly, counsel for each party is financially responsible for timely payment of mediation fees.
PS: Sometimes auto-generated invoices go to spam, please be sure to check.
Below please see my engagement letter. If you have any questions regarding this engagement or my services in general, please do not hesitate to contact me or my case manager, Jessica Morgan, by email or call my office at 415.965.6488.
Thank you for trusting me to help resolve your dispute. I look forward to working with you and your clients/representatives.
If new to Zoom, please be sure to download the app, create an account and login to become familiar with the platform. Zoom has many helpful resources if needed.
Thanks Kevin. I will definitely keep you in mind [for future mediations]. We would not have settled the case without you.
– San Francisco Attorney
I appreciated the way Kevin interacted with my client. In the short time the two were together, Kevin was able to establish a relationship whereby my client trusted him and listened to the advice and suggestions offered. This was invaluable. I would happily use Kevin to mediate a case for us in the future.
– Prominent Plaintiff’s Firm, Personal Injury Case, San Francisco, CA.
I was very happy with the results of the mediation, as was my client, and I was also happy that we were able to wrap things up before lunch. I thought the mediation went very very well. The caucus sessions were fine and, as it turned out, productive and expeditious. I was impressed. My client and I were both very happy with the final result. [My Client] is quite relieved to have resolved the matter.
– Attorney and 18-Year Mediator, Santa Rosa, CA, Contract Case
Kevin, you called this within an hour or so after the mediation commenced so you were able to read the players very well. That is a very good trait to have as a mediator.
– Solo practitioner, 26-Year Practicing Attorney, Santa Rosa, CA, Co-Mediator in Personal Injury Case
I thought you were very professional and focused on not only the relevant legal issues in our case, but also on what type of underlying things might help resolve it.
– Solo Practitioner, Attorney in Contract Case
Having you represent us to help resolve our problem could not have been less stressful. I really did feel that our dispute was stalled until we had you to advocate on our behalf for resolution. Your fee was reasonable and your work allowed us to focus on our business rather than litigation. I’ll refer you any chance I get.
– Owner, Small Business LLC.
(A Hybrid Services Case – Representation for Purposes of Resolution)
Kevin is an accomplished mediator offering the right balance of experience, integrity, persistence and people skills necessary to settle your dispute. He is committed to helping people resolve conflicts affordably and effectively both as a neutral mediator and using mediation techniques when hired as an advocate.
Kevin has been involved in thousands of negotiations and mediated hundreds of cases. Kevin has been practicing law since 1989, settling cases as a neutral since 1996, and working exclusively as a full time neutral, mediating cases and resolving disputes since 2006. Kevin brings these years of experience as a mediator and lawyer to settle even the most complex disputes. Kevin is innovative in the dispute resolution services he provides, varying the methods he employs depending on the circumstances of each case or dispute.
Settling Cases as a Neutral Since
Mediation and Case Resolution Services:
Successfully mediating to resolution catastrophic and non-catastrophic Personal Injury, Product Liability Medical Malpractice cases, as well as Employment, Real Estate and Construction disputes. Also, Collection, Loan Modification/Wrongful Foreclosure, Business and commercial cases, neighbor disputes involving nuisance, easements, quiet enjoyment as well as Consumer Law, Lemon Law, and Probate cases. Particular success in resolving cases with plaintiff in pro per. Commended for grasping the issues, patience and persistence.
- Mediation Office of Kevin C. Coleman 2006 – Present
- Judge Pro Tem, Settlement Conferences Marin County Superior Court 1996 – Present
- Mediation Coach and Trainer: Rosenberg Mediation Training September 2012; Boalt Hall School of Law – Mediation and Negotiation Courses, April 2010; Northern California Mediation Center March, 2010; Stanford Law School – Mediation Course, March 2009
- Brent Coon & Associates, San Francisco Office Managing Attorney 2004 – 2006
- Law Office of Kevin C. Coleman, San Rafael, CA, 1994 – 2004
- Halley, Cornell & Lynch, San Francisco, CA 1991 – 1994
- Brayton & Associates, Novato, CA 1989 – 1991
Court & Bar Qualified Panels
- San Francisco Superior Court Settlement Conference Officer
- Bar Association of San Francisco Mediation Services
- Bar Association of San Francisco Conflict Intervention Service
- Marin County Bar Association Panel
- Marin County Judge Pro Tem Settlement Conference Panelist
- Marin County Superior court Discovery Facilitator
- Marin County Superior Court Modest Means Panel
- Alameda County Superior Court
- Contra Costa Superior Court
- Court of Appeals, First and Third Appellate Districts
- FINRA Public Arbitrator Chairperson
Mediation Training & Education
Kevin regularly attends continued education relating to alternative dispute resolution.
ADVANCED MEDIATION TRAINING
- Court of Appeals Third Appellate District, Advanced Communication for Mediators
- Court of Appeals, Third Appellate District, Appellate Mediation Training
- Rosenberg Advanced Mediation Training
- Rosenberg Mediation Training
- May 1987 Santa Clara University, Juris Doctorate
- May 1982 University of San Diego, Bachelor of Business Administration
- July 1981 Oxford University, Worcester College, Oxford, England Summer Session
Kevin has settled a wide variety of cases. He is requested by both sides, insurance defense attorneys and plaintiff attorneys to mediate their personal injury and and product liability cases. Kevin’s mediation practice includes most civil litigation fields, including employment law, real estate, including landlord-tenant and construction, neighbor disputes such as easements, boundaries and noise disputes, business disputes, collection, lemon law and loan modification/wrongful foreclosure. Kevin gets special satisfaction helping families in estate disputes resolve their differences.